Daniel Lady Farm Civil War Hospital Museums
1008 Hanover Street Gettysburg, Pa. 17325 240-469-8642
Cost for camping at the GBPA's Daniel Lady Farm Civil War Hospital Site:
- Please be as accurate as possible when submitting estimated number of campers. This is important for you and for the farm staff to plan for the correct amount of toilets, firewood, water and security staff members. If you intend to have 25 or more campers we must have an extra porta pot for health and safety reasons.
- A $10.00 fee per person per night camping (adults and children).
- A $50.00 deposit will be required to secure your reservation.
- A copy of your certificate of liability insurance with GBPA as an additional insured
- A signed copy of these BSA rules and regulations is required when you arrive at the Daniel Lady Farm. These can also be mailed in advance.
- Make all checks payable to GBPA and mail the deposit: GBPA, PO Box 4087, Gettysburg, PA 17325. All other monies will be paid at registration prior to set up.
- If you need to cancel for any reason the fee is only refundable if you cancel 30 days prior to your reservation date. Reservation date can be rescheduled to another date. Please send an email for all refunds and include the proper address and a name that should appear on the check. .
The Civil War Hospital staff will provide your group a tour thru the museums for free as part of your camping fee. Please schedule your free tour when registering at the field office.
Safety Rules and Regulations :
No scouts are to be south of the gravel roads for safety purposes.
- Vehicles are permitted in the campsite areas for set up and tear down purposes only. All vehicles will be parked across the road for safety reasons. No vehicles can stay in the campsite areas overnight. Troop trailers can be kept at the campsite.
One exception is allowed. When camping in the remote areas sites one vehicle is permitted to be parked at all times for emergency use only. The vehicle designated must be registered with the security officer at the field office.
- Campfires are allowed in designated fire rings only. FIRES WILL BE ATTENDED AT ALL TIMES AND UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CAMPERS are permitted inside the Daniel Lady Farm buildings without a staff member.
- Camp sites must be policed upon completion of the camping period, returning firewood to stacked area and trash cleaned up and placed in the dumpster.
- In case you have questions while camping at the Daniel Lady Farm property contact; Diana Forgett at 240-469-8642, Kirk Davis at 717-357-7609 or the assigned security officer on duty. The Security Officers will be located at the Field Office where you registered for camping.
- For all medical emergencies or police matters dial 911 and tell them 986 Hanover Street – The Daniel Lady Farm. Once the authorities are called please call Kirk Davis or Diana Forgett so they can also react to the incident.
The signature(s) below is proof of acknowledgment of the all cost, the safety and health regulations required to camp at the parcel as known as; “The Daniel Lady Farm Civil War Hospital Museums” which is owned and operated by the Gettysburg Battlefield Preservation Association. A non-profit organization.